Re: Two IP Address HELP!

Brian Godette (bgodette@idcomm.com)
Sat, 5 Apr 1997 22:33:12 -0700

On Mon, 31 Mar 1997 06:01:48 -0500
"Yazz D. Atlas" <devnull@bellatlantic.net> wrote:

> I have an ISP that provides me
> with and IP address and I also have a local IP address for my local
> network. Cu-SeeMe grabs my local IP first and send that out. It doesn't
> let me connect to out side reflectors because of this. Below is the what
> I get while trying to connect to a testing reflector on a Unix machine on
> the Internet.
>

> Client at source 207.XXX.XXX.XXX is opening a connection
>
> Client's network address does not agree with protocol address
> 192.168.XXX.XXX
>

> The first IP is from my dial-up ISP and the second is my local IP that I
> need for my local TCP/IP connections.
>

> Anybody have a idea how to correct this problem?
>

> I have created a host file with all the IP numbers my ISP could provide
> me already but it still grabs the local IP and there seems no way of
> changing it.
>

> TIA,
>

> Yazz Atlas

This is a Windows 95 bug that I've run into before, what you have to do
to correct this is remove all the TCP/IP protocols from the network
control panel and reinstall them. You then need to go through the setup
required by Wingate for your local proxy network on the TCP/IP protocol
that bound to the ethernet card only, leave the settings on the dial-up
adapter alone.

This *should* solve the problem.