Re: Not seeing video

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sun, 13 Apr 1997 19:40:53 -0500

At 01:02 PM 4/13/97 -0700, Katgirl wrote:
>Hi!
>I must have missed something very obvious here. For the first time this
morning I tried making a point-to-point contact with a friend this morning.
I could see him, but he couldn't see me :-). I went over my preferences,
and everything seemed to check out, my "stop sending video" preference was
unchecked, but I still showed up as a lurker on his participant list. I'm
using Win 95, White Pine Enhanced version. Please help!
>Josee

I've had this happen to me, before, too. What seemed to fix it was to stop
sending video, then start sending video, either from the menu options, or by
using the buttons.

><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML 3.2//EN">
><HTML>
><HEAD>
><META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1 http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
><META content=3D'"Trident 4.71.0544.0"' name=3DGENERATOR>
>
></HEAD>
><BODY>
><P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi!</FONT>
>
><P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I must have missed something very obvious=
here.
For=20
>the first time this morning I tried making a point-to-point contact with a=
=20
>friend this morning. I could see him, but he couldn't see me :-). I went
over=20
>my preferences, and everything seemed to check out, my &quot;stop sending=
=20
>video&quot; preference was unchecked, but I still showed up as a lurker on=
his=20
>participant list. I'm using Win 95, White Pine Enhanced version. Please=
=20
>help!</FONT>
>
><P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Josee</FONT></P>
>
></BODY></HTML>

I don't know what it is about the latest version of Netscame email that
causes this, but please check your settings so that it doesn't send your
email as if it were a web page, as above.

Bill Woodland (Squeek =A9)
PC questions only, please.
URL:http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW