Re: Hmmm there must be a problem

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sun, 13 Apr 1997 19:40:55 -0500

At 06:12 PM 4/13/97 -0400, PIANIST100@aol.com wrote:
>I'm using the program I downloaded from Cornell, a 486 66, 16 megs memory,=
>connectix color quickcam with AOL. When I try to execute the CU-SEEME
>program, I get the message "Error creating UDP socket. 10047" Can anyone
>tell me what's going on? After I acknowledge the message, the SEE-USEEME
>windows open, I can see local video (Myself), but can't connect to any
>sites. I would appreciate any advice.

I'm no expert on AOL, but as far as I know you must be using AOL verison 3.x
to get a REAL internet connection. the earlier version of AOL gave you a
pseudo-internet connection, which doesn't support UDP packets, which is what
CU-SeeMe uses.

Bill Woodland (Squeek =A9)
PC questions only, please.
URL:http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW