Re: start-up rc.file....

Ken Lyon (ken@readadp.com)
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 20:11:03 -0400

Thomas,
There is nothing _wrong_ with it.
Actually, I like keeping the output to the console so I can see that happy
line that says it started ok.
And if it crashes soon after start, that will show there too.

If the msg bothers you, redirect the output.

To put it all in a file to read later:
/usr/local/sbin/reflect -config /usr/local/etc/reflect.conf &
>/var/logs/ref_start.log 2>&1

To dump it to null never to be seen:
/usr/local/sbin/reflect -config /usr/local/etc/reflect.conf & >/dev/null
2>&1

To dump errors only (if the error channel is defined properly) to a file:
/usr/local/sbin/reflect -config /usr/local/etc/reflect.conf & >/dev/null
2>/var/logs/ref_err.log

I recommend the first - to a file you can look if you need to.

As with all things problematic, there will be a miriad of other ways to do
this.

Take your pick.

...ken