Re: new version 0.90b1

Mark L. Bardenwerper (bardenwe@vbe.com)
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 23:54:01 -0500

Bill Gunneson wrote:

> Mark L. Bardenwerper wrote:
> >
> > Bill Gunneson wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey all. Can anyone help? I just downloaded the new version last week
> > > when i bought a new pc, compaq 200mhz, with mmx. I can't get a local
> > > window nor can i xmit, using connectix b&w cam. Old version worked
> > > great on old pc, but no luck so far with the new stuff. Btw, cam works
> > > on pc for picts,etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
> >
> > Did you install the QuickCam first?
> > --
> >
> > Mark L. Bardenwerper #:?)
> > Technology...thoughtfully...respectfully.
> Hit Mark, yes the quickcam was already installed, but i did download the
> new drivers last week from connectix. Just went through Bill Woodlands
> suggestion's, although i didn't re-install quickcam, as its working on
> my pc, just not working with the cu software. After changing a few
> settings has suggested, i got a local window while connecting, then once
> connection was made, i got a fatal error which shut me down. When i
> tried it agian, the local window was gone. I'm really confused!
> Thanks, Bill
Get hold of Woodland. He will get you past this. Try setting your trans
and receive to around 12-15 for starters. You will have to completely
reboot if you got a fatal error. What was the fatal error in? Connectix
of CU? Mine worked without a glitch. I also have seen people struggling
with the new verson when they don't COMPLETELY deinstall and older
version. Also, jftr, let's post on the list so everybody benefits from
this! Good luck.