Re: PAL Video Capture

Adrian Close (adrian@close.wattle.id.au)
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 21:41:21 +1000 (EST)

Gerry,

On Tue, 15 Apr 1997, Gerry wrote:

> Have recently noted somewhere that CU-Seeme Software is not available
> for use with PAL Video Capture Card.

Use of PAL/NTSC should not make any difference to CU. The capture card
handles the incoming video signal and makes it available to CU in digital
format via the Video for Windows drivers (for PC - I don't know how Macs
handle this, but it shouldn't make a difference).

> Are there any users using a PAL Camcorder with a Video Capture Card for
> CU-Seeme?

Yup. Me! I use a Sony C-420 camcorder (PAL) with no trouble (as long as
I don't have a tape loaded).

The digital parallel port cameras are a cheaper option, of course, but you
don't get to disconnect the camera and go wandering around taping stuff!

Hope this helps.

Adrian Close email: adrian@close.wattle.id.au
phone: +61 3 9894 7606
http://www.adrian.close.wattle.id.au fax: +61 3 9894 7606
(PGP key available from my web page) mobile: +61 417 346 094