Re: CU-SEEME software/manual??

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 22:23:13 -0500

At 08:24 AM 4/16/97 -0700, Dr Pepper wrote:
>Hi, and please forgive me if this question sounds dumb, , , :-}
>
>I have a connectix camera, and just downloaded the CU-SEEME=20
>software. My problem is, , , I don't know how to use it! =20
>Is there a manual on-line or ANYWHERE that will take you=20
>from turn on to full useage? I have an IBM 486. I can get=20
>it to show two pictures of me, but how do I connect to others=20
>on the net? Do I have to use other software? Does the Winsock=20
>have to be connected before I start the CU-SEEME?
>
>Thanx for anyone taking the time to help me on this one.

Ron:

First of all, the problem of seeing two images of yourself in the same
window can be fixed easily. Depending on which version you are using, get
to the VIDEO FORMAT dialog box and select 16 chades of grey. Now click on
PALETTE and select 16 shades again. Now click on OK, OK, OK and you should
see only one of you.

the only other software you should need is the software that you use to
connect to the net, and YES, you MUST be connected to the net for any of
this to work.

I have a users guide on my web page that should answer a lot of your
questions about how to connect to others. This guide was written for the
Cornell 84b7 PC version. If you are using the White Pine version, most of
this will be very similar. There is also a link to a pretty good MAC users
guide there, if that's what you need. If you are using the latest Cornell
0.90b1 version for Windows 95/NT, go to this address for a VISUAL guide:

http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/V32X/V32XFront.html

Download a reflector list from my web page (be sure to get the correct one
for the version you are using) and read the users guide, and email me if you
are absolutely stymied, and I'll try to help.

Bill Woodland (Squeek =A9)
PC questions only, please.
URL:http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW