Re: But Cu-Seeme (Cornell free version) does see Videoblaster?

Ciaran Carter (Ciaran.Carter@stbrn.ac.uk)
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 14:41:15 +0100 (BST)

At 14:19 18/04/97, you wrote:
>Hello All!
>
>I'm attached to this list since few days, and now I'd like to ask you for a
>question:

Wellcome....

>Is Cu-Seeme (the free version, which I downloaded from Cornell site) able
>to use VideoBlaster (an old model, which I can use only into a 386dx,
>because it is hardware incompatible with a 486 board I also have)? Because,
>in any case, the File menu option "Video Setup" cannot open! Is it a
>limitation-feature due of freeware kind of the package, or there are other
>things to do?

I dont know if cuseeme will work with an old videoblaster board but it
should work with the new ones. However I dont think that 386 has the grunt
to run cuseeme at all.

>The same version do really work with QuickCam? I did not yet acquired,
>either for the doubt I have, either for the high price I found it here in
>Italy (in USA it costs 99$, here I can buy at more than 300.000 Lire, that
>is, twice the US value!)

The cornell version of cuseeme works fine with both the balck&white and
colour version of quckcam. The black&white one gives a better picture for
cuseeme.

Ciaran

"Democracy isn't just the best from of government; it's the only one even
remotely worth a damn. Only democracy guarantees that people get what they
deserve."
--Dark Conspiracy RPG

http://www.stbrn.ac.uk/
ftp://mail.stbrn.ac.uk/