p-enrique@reus.seric.es

Pedro Lorenzo Enrique (p-enrique@puntonew.com)
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 17:33:58 +0200

Im having a bit of a go to get the reflector to startup correctly...
Im running 4.0b3 on Redhat 4.1...

this is the deal...I have my rc.local file as follows:

#!/bin/sh

# This script will be executed *after* all the other init scripts.
# You can put your own initialization stuff in here if you don't
# want to do the full Sys V style init stuff.

# Tom's atalk addition

etc/rc.d/rc.atalk

# End atalk addition

#Start Zoo Station Reflector
if [ -x /usr/local/sbin/reflect ] ; then
/usr/local/sbin/reflect -config /usr/local/etc/reflect.conf &
fi

# End Cu-SeeMe reflector Startup

if [ -f /etc/redhat-release ]; then
R=$(cat /etc/redhat-release)
else
R="release 3.0.3"
fi

arch=$(uname -m)
a="a"
case "_$arch" in
_a*) a="an";;
_i*) a="an";;
esac

# This will overwrite /etc/issue at every boot. So, make any changes
you
# want to make to /etc/issue here or you will lose them when you reboot.
echo "" > /etc/issue
echo "Red Hat Linux $R" >> /etc/issue
echo "Kernel $(uname -r) on $a $(uname -m)" >> /etc/issue

cp -f /etc/issue /etc/issue.net
echo >> /etc/issue

When the CPU boots all seems fine....its just when it ends it boot up
the reflect.conf file seems be "pasted" Im not sure the term
here....into the login prompt....

I hit return a few times its ok....I cant log onto the server until I
hit return a few times to clear out the screen...

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening...well I do....I did the
rc.local file wrong...what I guess Im trying to say, what is a fix..??

thanks,
Thomas Sulentic
ZooAchtiv

m having a bit of a go to get the reflector to startup correctly...
Im running 4.0b3 on Redhat 4.1...

this is the deal...I have my rc.local file as follows:

#!/bin/sh

# This script will be executed *after* all the other init scripts.
# You can put your own initialization stuff in here if you don't
# want to do the full Sys V style init stuff.

# Tom's atalk addition

etc/rc.d/rc.atalk

# End atalk addition

#Start Zoo Station Reflector
if [ -x /usr/local/sbin/reflect ] ; then
/usr/local/sbin/reflect -config /usr/local/etc/reflect.conf &
fi

# End Cu-SeeMe reflector Startup

if [ -f /etc/redhat-release ]; then
R=$(cat /etc/redhat-release)
else
R="release 3.0.3"
fi

arch=$(uname -m)
a="a"
case "_$arch" in
_a*) a="an";;
_i*) a="an";;
esac

# This will overwrite /etc/issue at every boot. So, make any changes
you
# want to make to /etc/issue here or you will lose them when you reboot.
echo "" > /etc/issue
echo "Red Hat Linux $R" >> /etc/issue
echo "Kernel $(uname -r) on $a $(uname -m)" >> /etc/issue

cp -f /etc/issue /etc/issue.net
echo >> /etc/issue

When the CPU boots all seems fine....its just when it ends it boot up
the reflect.conf file seems be "pasted" Im not sure the term
here....into the login prompt....

I hit return a few times its ok....I cant log onto the server until I
hit return a few times to clear out the screen...

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening...well I do....I did the
rc.local file wrong...what I guess Im trying to say, what is a fix..??

thanks,
Thomas Sulentic
ZooAchtiv

>Can Netscape launch CU-SeeMe and open a reflector?
>If so, could someone show me how?
>
>Thanks * 1,000,000
>
>David
>level50@interport.net

Check out www.pseudo.com, they wrote a Java app to do it.

Hi all :)
I'm using Brian Godette's Enhanced Reflector v1.06, and it tends to
crash
with the following error message:

recvfrom error on vid_sock : Connection refused: FATAL ERROR: EXITING

Can anyone shed some light on what this error means exactly?
Thanks
- Steven Bolbot
,- __ -,
/ \___/ /__ _ _____/ \ Steven Bolbot.
/ _ / _ / _ \ |/ / -_) _ \ Assistant Network Manager, DOVE
Australia.
/.- \_,_/\___/___/\__/ -.\ Email: Steven.Bolbot@dove.net.au
A U S T R A L I A Finger sjb@dove.net.au for my PGP
public key.
http://dove.net.au

> (.....slow connection, etc, over cable modem....)

The question to ponder is if the tramsmit speed to your ISP
is as fast as you receive information.
Most cable systems were designed as a one-way system.
Usually you TX over phonelines at 33.6 and receive at a very fast rate.
... unless your lucky enough to have a true 2way cable modem system.

Steve Malmgren <slm@mcs.net> N9LWW 630-752-0643
cuseeme/Iphone

Ditto, I got the same results. I have heard there is even a b3? All I
have been able to locate and download though is b1.

Life is like a joke... ...meant to be
laughed at!
Corpre Diem