Re: VDA4000

Mark L. Bardenwerper (bardenwe@vbe.com)
Sat, 26 Apr 1997 10:36:56 -0500

EZINMO-BARRERA Oscar wrote:

> Does anyone use a DVA4000 with MediaSpace video capture card?
> I do and I yhave a lot of problems in installing it.
> May anyone help me?
>
> thanks

I have done a little searching for info on this card. It appears
initially that this card used "video overlay", or "secondary surface".
Unfortunately, this tactic is not supported by CU. Read your
documentation and find out if the card has multiple mode capabilities.
Look for "primary surface" or "DirectDraw".
The only simple explanation that I can give you is that these modes of
operation use different methods of using the video memory to place
images on your screen.

Go to http://www.igd.fhg.de/www/projects/mms/mic5-gen.html

Pay particular attention to the statement, "VideoLogic started in 1985
selling video overlay cards for computers with cga display. The
company has concentrated since then on providing the means for computer
users to bring video pictures into their desktop machines." This was
found under the "Original application areas:" heading.

Fellow listservers: is it possible to use Cudoodle with such cards?