Re: Hauppauge WinCast/TV Card

Mark L. Bardenwerper (bardenwe@vbe.com)
Sun, 27 Apr 1997 11:26:36 -0500

Thomas E. Amato wrote:

> Mark,
>
> I have the following:
>
> Pentium 200mhz mmx
> 32 megs of ram
> WinCast/TV Card
> Mattrox Millieum Video card (4 megs) PCI
>
> I use the card in non-overlay mode. It works great. Make sure
> you go into the tv program and change it to other-video source
> first and exit.
>
> I can't remember if the WinCast/TV card has one or not, but,
> DON'T TRY TO USE THE FEATURE CONNECTOR IT WON'T WORK.
>
> Good luck. Let me know if I can help you. I've had no problems
> at all with it.

I just got my Hauppauge Wincast/TV/Radio/Intercast card. It has great
picture. I have not had time to configure it for CU. In order to do
that, do I need to change anything in "drivers"? I now have a Quickcam
as well. Do I need to take that off?
Start me from scratch, as I never used anything but the Quickcam.
Also, I bought an internal sound jumper. On one corner of the TV card is
a pair of passthrough terminals. I hooked the CD Rom cable to one and
jumped to the sound card through the other. My CD Rom sound is working,
but I don't get any sound from the TV card. I gave up and put the
external jumper back on for now, although I would like to use my sound
card aux for an input for my 78 RPM phonograph pre-amp (I also am into
sound restoration). First I left both on, but I still didn't get any
sound from the TV until I completely restored the internal connections
to original configuration. Do you use external or internal jumper? I am
going to E-mail Hauppauge tech to ask them as well. I will post anything
of interest back to here.