Re: Cuseeme & Pixelview Combo TV Plus Card

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 00:32:36 -0500

At 08:51 PM 4/27/97 -0500, Mark L. Bardenwerper wrote:
>If a video card supports DirectDraw, is this an indication that it is
>compatible to CU?

Well, this doesn't necessarily mean that it IS compatible, but it COULD be,
or a driver could probably be written for it. Check out what it says on the
90b1 "Capture Cards" page:

>If your card is not listed here, see if it supports one of the following
video formats:

> 8 or 4 bit gray=20
> RGB 16 (also known as RGB 15)=20
> Indeo 3.2=20
> RGB 8=20
> YUV422=20
>
>If your capture card is not listed above, but does support one of the above
video
>formats, it will likely work. If you do get a funky local video image, it
is because
>sometimes a video format is implemented differently by different vendors.=
Which
>leads me to...
>
>If your model of video capture card does not work with CU-SeeMe, and you=
would
>like it to, I'll add support for it, provided: 1) the card has Windows 95
or NT drivers;
> 2) you can get me that model of card by convincing the manufacturer to
donate one
>to the cause.

ATI has donated a card to Cornell, and Steve will be working on a driver for
their TV Tuner card soon. Any of you that have a capture card that WON'T
work with CU should email the manufacturer and try to convince them to
donate a card to Cornell. Talk DOLLARS to them...that's what these people
seem to understand the best. If enough of you email them at the same time,
they might realize how much it could mean in SALES to donate, and how many
happy customers they would have :)

Bill Woodland (Squeek =A9)
PC questions only, please.
URL:http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW