Re: MACstuff...help?!?

Mike Baranowski (mhb@netcom.com)
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 01:06:24 -0500

jlg@whidbey.net (zoe) wrote:

>The xmit/receive is major sssssssslow!!! It is so lousy. Even chat
>lags and drops. What am I doing wrong? What can I do to make it
>at least equal to the performance I was used to with the old 'puter?
>I don't see vids..the paint/repaint is horrid! It takes forever to
>get a vid..and forget seeing "motion"! ;P~~~

Zoe:

First, please remove those indents. I don't know what emailer you are
using, but something needs to be changed!

Ok, I'm assuming you are using Open Transport. What are you using for your
PPP connection? I recommend Apple OTI/PPP dialer. If not, I would suggest
the latest version of FreePPP (http://www.rockstar.com/ppp.shtml). If you
are using MacPPP, which was bundled with Apple's "Internet Connection Kit",
they recently released an update for the PPP module. Apples Software
Updates: http://support.info.apple.com/ftp/swhome.html.

As usual, do not use virtual memory or Ram Doubler. If you are using Speed
Doubler, make sure that you are prepared for the 7.6, get the SD update via
http://www.connectix.com/connect/upda.spee.html.

Verify that you are using a hardware handshake modem cable and your modem
is configured for such.

Lastly, what for the next version of CU-SeeMe from both Cornell and White Pine.

-Mike Baranowski
Jeeves