From: owner-CU-SEEME-L
To: CU-SEEME-L
Subject: NT initialization file, or Registry entry?
Date: Wednesday, April 30, 1997 10:50AM

If this has been answered before, please accept my apology as I have just
subscribed to the mail-list.

I am attempting to run the NT version of CU-SEEME on a NT 4.0 SP2 Intel PC.
The initial installation went fine, and CU-SEEME
worked fine until I changed the camera setting to use a 1/4 scale (80x60)
image setting. Quite obviously this was a mistake,
as CU-SEEME immediately crashed. Subsequent attempts to restart CU-SEEME
result in an "information box" stating
"Unsupported video capture setting".

Upon clearing this information box, by clicking on "OK", brings up the
initial CU-SEEME screens followed immediately by a
Dr. Watson error message stating:
"cu-seeme.exe
Exception: access violation [0xc0000005], Address:0x0041f863"

I have re-installed both CU-SEEME32 and the Quick-Cam NT drivers, yet this
condition persists. Apparently the video setting is
being stored either in a .ini file somewhere, or in a Registry Entry that is
not being cleared by a re-install.

I would greatly appreciate information on how to clear this unsupported
video
setting so I may once again use CU-SEEME.

thanks,
Steve Hoffmann hoffmann@mail.dec.com