Re: information please

Fri, 3 Apr 1998 00:53:52 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, marlena c. jareaux wrote:
> I'm new to the list and cu-seeme. I was wondering if anyone had
> experience or information on commercial applications for the system.

You may wish to ask White Pine about commercial applications since that
seems to be their focal point. I mainly use it for educational and
entertainment and social purposes.

> Is it possible to link multiple "sites" using the technology?

Yeah, you can link reflectors in multiple ways. You can multicast link
them if that's possible, unicast link them in either both directions or
one direction (BCC to another reflector)

> I envision having a private reflector, and multiple users being able to
> "tune in" to the multiple locations that are listed on one web site.

That's possible and has been done in the past with Digex's ISPTV...except
the linked reflectors weren't private. Linking reflectors like this isn't
very hard at all assuming you have the resources for it.

> Do the cameras have the ability to pick up a number
> of people (ie. let's say a wide angle view of a location?) How would the
> clarity be?

I guess that would depend upon the camera being used. If you can use a
wide angle lens on a camcorder or something, then it should work fine for
CU as well with a capture card to send the signal into the computer.