Re: Help?

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Thu, 02 Apr 1998 13:51:28 -0600

At 03:28 PM 4/1/98 +0100, Jim wrote:
>> From: Dave Enberg (Portland)
>> what settings do you mean? can you be more specific?
>
>Any settings, this is my first time to even see one of these Quick Cams.
>
>> Your initial settings
>> for send and receive should be 5 (min) and 15 (max).
>
>Okay, I set those values in the Cuseeme preferences.
>
>> What version of cuseeme do you have?
>
>92b2
>
>> what model cam do you have?
>
>I bought the cam from a friend. It's a Connectix Color QuickCam and the
>software version that came with it is Version 2.1
>
>I tried it again last night in cuseeme. I could see everyone, but there
>was no motion in any of the views.
>
>And Paul responded below....
>
>Paul (Paul W. Eykamp <Paul.Eykamp@ucop.edu>) wrote...
>
>> Are you on a modem?
>
>Yes. It's a USR Sportster 28.8.
>
>> If so, set receive at 26, 30, or 50 depending on how fast your modem is,
>> or how good your connection is (28,8; 33.6; or 56) and set send the
>> same. If you have trouble, try lowering the rate.
>
>I generally get a connection of 28.8

Keep in mind that if you have a USR X2 modem, or a 56K-Flex modem and your
connection speed is REPORTED as 57600, that's for RECEIVE ONLY. You can
only send at 28.8, or possibly 33.6, but the newer "56k modems" are 56k
only in the receive direction.

>Thank's to all who are trying to help this newbie. It's very much
>appreciated.
>
>Jim
>
>ps/..
>
>Thank you to Bill Woodland. I'll check out your page tonight.

>Jim Leonard. Dublin Ireland
>Tel: +353 1 842 7206
>E-mail: jimfl@iol.ie
>Home page: http://www.iol.ie/~jimfl

Bill Woodland (Squeek ) PC questions only, please.