Re: information please

Fri, 3 Apr 1998 11:37:43 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 3 Apr 1998, Scott Lacroix wrote:
> At 12:53 AM 4/3/98 -0600, Jason Williams wrote:
> >Linking reflectors like this isn't very hard at all assuming you have
> >the resources for it.
> Yep, absolutely. Our Web GUI actually makes this fairly easy to
> do too...

Unfortunately, the Web GUI only works with the latest MPCS server. At
$4000 a shot, it's a pretty expensive way to "play" with linking
reflectors..especially if the original poster isn't even sure they want to
run a reflector/server. And from what I understand, linking servers with
MPCS using the GUI is optimized when ALL the servers are using MPCS.

This brings to mind another 3.1.0.25 client bug that I've been
exploring...The "no send" bug that only seems to happen when 3.1.0.25
users use non-White Pine reflectors. Luckily, unlike 3.1.0.25 (which
seems to only work correctly with White Pine reflectors/servers and other
White Pine clients currently), MPCS should be able to handle linking with
reflectors that aren't made by White Pine.

Perhaps White Pine might be interested in performing more extensive
interoperability tests with their clients so they work with the older
WP clients as well as the Cornell clients even though they may be
"optimized" for the latest WP products.

Oh and BTW...this isn't meant to start another flame war...I just recently
found out about the MJPEG "no send" bug in 3.1.0.25. Perhaps Brian
Godette can give a more detailed explanation of it (I'd be interested to
know more about it..and who all it affects). I'm not sure if it's
something Brian can fix at the reflector side like the grayscale bug and
the private chat bugs in 3.X.

How's 3.1.1 coming along? :)