Re: information please

Brian Godette (bgodette@idcomm.com)
Fri, 03 Apr 1998 11:20:06 -0700

At 11:37 AM 4/3/98 -0600, you wrote:
>On Fri, 3 Apr 1998, Scott Lacroix wrote:
>> At 12:53 AM 4/3/98 -0600, Jason Williams wrote:
>> >Linking reflectors like this isn't very hard at all assuming you have
>> >the resources for it.
>> Yep, absolutely. Our Web GUI actually makes this fairly easy to
>> do too...
>
>Oh and BTW...this isn't meant to start another flame war...I just recently
>found out about the MJPEG "no send" bug in 3.1.0.25. Perhaps Brian
>Godette can give a more detailed explanation of it (I'd be interested to
>know more about it..and who all it affects). I'm not sure if it's
>something Brian can fix at the reflector side like the grayscale bug and
>the private chat bugs in 3.X.

If it's what I think you're refering to; where a 3.1.0.025 client connects
to reflector A, sends MJPEG video without problems, disconnects, connects
to reflector B, attempts to send MJPEG video but the client doesn't send
any frames..... then no, there's nothing that can be done on the reflector
side of things. I've also heard reports that this happens even if you
connect to the same reflector instead of a different one. As if the act of
disconnecting shuts down the video encoder and it's never restarted. The
only work around appears to be exiting the client and restarting it.... oh
joy!

<joke>
Software bugs don't work like this, but its starting to look like the WP PC
client has the flu..... develops no-close bug, they apply anti-biotics, and
it mutates into a no-send bug :)))
</joke>