Re: video cams

Mon, 6 Apr 1998 11:13:18 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 6 Apr 1998, Sixpoints wrote:
> Do you recommend using a video camera or purchasing a video cam (i.e.
> connectix)?

If you want portability and only need the camera for CU-SeeMe and don't
want to pop the cover off of your computer to install a capture card, I'd
recommend a Quickcam (I'd stay away from the VC though). I've just had
the pleasure of playing with a Winnov capture card and I can assure you
that it blows the Quickcam away in every aspect except portability. It's
nice being able to videoconference without seeing my system's resources
drained.

> In Cu-See-Me software do we have to meet at a central
> location on the web or can we call each others IP and have a direct
> connection?

There's no central location other than reflectors you might wish to meet
each other on. I've seen my reflector used a lot for that.."Hey..meet me
on this reflector at 9pm" or something. You can also enter in their IP
address for a direct connection.