Re: Looking for CU-SeeMe commandline options...if any.

Wed, 8 Apr 1998 13:17:44 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, Ashworth, Don wrote:
> My intentions are to auto-launch the utility from a web browser. I need to
> be able to point the application to a give conference machine on the fly.
>
> Any way to do this?

If you are using Enhanced CU-SeeMe from White Pine, this is already
possible. The web server has to support the application/x-cu-seeme MIME
type. From there, setup the web browser to launch Enhanced CU with MIME
type application/x-cu-seeme with extensions .cu/.csm

As for the all the options that are present in a .cu/.csm file, more info
can be found at http://support.wpine.com/cuseeme/H168.HTM
If you just want to connect to a reflector and conference... I use:
<IP>
<Conference-ID>

in the .cu/.csm file.

> The better solution would be a CU-SeeMe Java Class.

Better ask White Pine for that...Their MPCS server is geared towards a
Java GUI. Perhaps they would be inclined to create a Java receive-only
port of CU-SeeMe.

Closest thing is JavaCU.