Re: JavaCU, weird problem

Thu, 9 Apr 1998 22:15:54 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 9 Apr 1998, Ashworth, Don wrote:
> execption: com.ms.security.SecurityException[JavaCU.start]:
>
> is the message IE and Netscape display.
> The web server and reflector are both on the same NT 4.0 machine.

I've never seen that...but I'm guessing it's because you don't have NV
setup on the reflector?

It depends on what reflector you're using... NV didn't work right on the
WP 2.0.X reflectors, but worked fine for me with the WP 2.1 reflector.
MPCS doesn't include NV support and Brian Godette's Enhanced Reflector
isn't tested for NV. That makes JavaCU fairly limited to use. JavaCU
itself isn't that great when it worked. It was limited to one window (how
it chose which window to display, I really don't know) and 15kbps of
receiving.

I believe it was also designed for the first JDK (1.0 I believe) so I
don't know if that has any bearing on it.