Re: [offtopic] mbone and Win95?

Sat, 11 Apr 1998 17:27:42 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 11 Apr 1998, Laszlo Vecsey wrote:
> I know this is somewhat off topic, but is there an mrouted like program
> for Win95? I know a GNU/Linux system dialed up and running mrouted could
> handle an mbone feed, but I wonder about Win95. To run sdr/vic/vat.

I don't know about mrouted (for tunnelling I believe) but I do know of
Win95 versions of sdr, and vic...possibility vat as well.

> Also I've heard mention of the multicast mbone as it relates to cuseeme
> reflectors, though I'm not sure exactly how its used. Does the cu-seeme
> client running on a Windows box (ethernetted) use multicast if available?

The reflector can use multicast when linking to other reflectors. The
White Pine reflectors can also accept multicast connections from
multicast-capable clients when they use 2.1.1 or later I believe of
Enhanced CU-SeeMe. I have heard of success with the Enhanced CU client
using multicast on a LAN (ethernet) just not over a modem.