Re: White Pine CUSeeMe Version 3.1.1

David Toole (dtoole@cgocable.net)
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 13:19:47 -0400

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Wayne Fisher wrote:
> 2 of the major problems fixed in this new version:
> (1) Failure to transmit using Cornell Greyscale coldec to 2.x and
> cornell users.
> (2) Falilure to transmit Color MPEG codec when you leave and then
> (re)join the same or another reflector

It has been my experience that Cu-SeeMe 3.1.1 DOES NOT fix problems with
the
color MPEG codec not transmitting when users change reflectors. I have
been
using this version since the first day it was posted on the White Pine
site,
and have experienced numerous instances where I am not transmitting
after
changing refs. In my case it appears to be no better than version 3.1.

What's more, I have "talked" with many others on reflectors who are
experiencing the same problem. Many users have come to the conclusion
that
the "build 25" bug still exists in 3.1.1. Clearly, the problem still
exists.
If I were the only one experiencing it, I would suspect my system or
configuration. However, within just a few hours of release of the new
version Cu-SeeMe users were once again complaining that the "switiching
problem" still exists.

David Toole