Re: White Pine CUSeeMe Version 3.1.1]

Brian Godette (bgodette@idcomm.com)
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 12:55:43 -0600

At 02:36 PM 4/16/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I am aware of the release notes. However, Wayne's original message
sounded as
>though all problems may have been fixed. No mention was made of 3.1.1
software now
>selectively working with different types of refs, and not with others. I
appreciate
>his post and just wanted to clarify the situation. It doesn't much matter
to me as a
>Cu-SeeMe user that some reflectors work and some don't. I just know that this
>software is incapable of working properly with all reflectors and
therefore causes
>problems when switching. IMHO, software should work, period.
>
>David Toole

My take on this, based on the 3.1.1 release notes, is that they are having
problems related to switching between old style CU headers and RTP headers
when switching refs. It's my understanding that WP Ref 2.1 and up support
RTP headers from the new WP CU clients (3.0 and up). I would guess there
would be no problems switching refs as long as you stay exclusively on WP
2.1 and up or ERef/Cornell/WP 2.0.