Re: White Pine CUSeeMe Version 3.1.1]

Thu, 16 Apr 1998 15:45:38 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Stephen A. Stiner wrote:
> In that case, you might be interested to know that the WP Mac 3.1 client(s)
> is unable to connect to the WP 2.1 Reflectors if the reflector's telnet
> daemon is sick (which is a bug of that reflector version). The Cornell Mac
> clients and the WP 2.0 Mac client can still connect to these reflectors;
> however, you will not receive a Conference list under these circumstances
> and must specify the conference ID to which you wish to connect.

The only time I've seen WP 2.1 reflectors telnet interface lock up like
that is when it's a Win95/NT 2.1 reflector. White Pine's solution would
probably be to have the reflector operator upgrade to the MPCS server.

BTW, this bug also plagues the PC 3.X clients as well. I've been slowly
convincing Win95/NT reflector operators that I've come across to upgrade
to Brian Godette's Enhanced Reflector which doesn't have this problem.