Re: White Pine CUSeeMe Version 3.1.1]

Brian Godette (bgodette@idcomm.com)
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 16:54:40 -0600

At 04:03 PM 4/16/98 -0500, you wrote:
>On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, David Toole wrote:
>> It doesn't much matter to me as a
>> Cu-SeeMe user that some reflectors work and some don't. I just know that
this
>> software is incapable of working properly with all reflectors and
therefore causes
>> problems when switching. IMHO, software should work, period.
>
>... so ignoring that fact only ticks off White Pine's potential (and
>possibly current) customers.

Hmmm, didn't I say something along those lines a few months ago? :)

Anyways I'm not too concerned over this as I believe the current client is
still in beta (tho it isn't made too obvious by the web pages), and there's
now alot more (vocal) people scrutinizing it's compatibility. In all
likelyhood the current problem with MJPEG/B&W is exactly what I think it
is, RTP vs CU packet headers and the client not renegotiating which header
type to use when reconnecting to a reflector/client. Having no idea what
thier client code looks like I don't know how much of a chore that is/isn't
to correct.