Re: Video frame grabber

Mon, 20 Apr 1998 11:08:40 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 19 Apr 1998, J. Michael McGill wrote:
> Well, after all the talk about frame grabbers, I have a simpified
> question......

I don't recall seeing any talk about frame grabbers :) but then..I haven't
gotten much sleep lately either :)

> Anyone out there know of a grabber that will work with my '486SX25 laptop
> running Win 3.1?

The only frame grabber I'm aware of is the Snappy. I believe there's
Win3.1 software that comes with it. Any frame grabber you get will
probably require specific drivers (and software) for it to work as
advertised. I know the earlier Snappy's don't support Video for Windows
so using the standard APIs (ie: with Vidcap32 or another generic capture
program) probably won't work. You can always grab CU-Doodle
(ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/ne/neisius/cudoodle.zip I believe) and see what
happens.