Re: White Pine CUSeeMe Version 3.1.1

Jeeves (jeeves@jump.net)
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 13:44:59 -0600

slacroix@wpine.com wrote:

> And keep in mind that you're talking about this as if it were a
>protocol
>problem. It's not. It's a stylistic thing that GeekTalk introduced and
>other clients/programs picked up. If it's not defined in the protocol as
>required, you CANNOT rely on it.

Oh....that explains it.... the 'defined protocol' reason. Has ANYONE there
(at White Pine) EVER talked to Chris and or Brian about setting a standard,
or does White Pine just decide to reinvent the wheel?

Seems to me like White Pine should have developed their OWN protocols and
applications instead of licensing the code from Cornell. I think the world
(and this listserve) would be much happier if it was left in the hands of
Cornell. Hell, maybe by now Cornell would have integrated MJPG an H.323
standards on their own.

-Mike
Jeeves