Re: White Pine CUSeeMe Version 3.1.1

Tue, 21 Apr 1998 15:38:54 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, Wayne Fisher wrote:
> Geez.... this whole thread started by my posting of what I thought was some helpful
> information concerning the beta of White Pine CUSeeMe 3.1.1. I tried to help a few
> people out by posting this information, and end up getting blasted by Cornell
> worshippers, reprimanded by ERef developers, and ridiculed by the CUSeeMe user
> community at large... all for just trying to help a few people out.... teaches me to
> keep my big mouth shut... *sigh*

That's the nice thing about the listserv...you don't HAVE to keep you
mouth shut. I certainly don't :) hehe

A quote from your original message:
"2 of the major problems fixed in this new version:
(1) Failure to transmit using Cornell Greyscale coldec to 2.x and
cornell users.
(2) Falilure to transmit Color MPEG codec when you leave and then
(re)join the same or another reflector"

Had the information you posted had been accurate, I probably wouldn't have
said anything. But I personally tried out the grayscale in 3.1.1 and it's
still buggy. Other users chimed in that the MJPEG no-send bug hasn't been
fixed either. So, in a way, we might have prevented someone from
wasting an hour downloading 3.1.1.004 hoping that the 3.1.0.25 bugs
had been fixed and then realizing he just wasted an hour for nothing.
Feel free to advertise the 3.1.1 version when it's fixed though. That
will be a glorious day. :)