Re: White Pine CUSeeMe Version 3.1.1

Tue, 21 Apr 1998 16:39:14 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, Scott Lacroix wrote:
> At 10:37 PM 4/20/98 -0500, Jason Williams wrote:
> >I believe Cornell is required to send any changes they make to White Pine,
> >so I'm not quite sure why White Pine didn't include it. I figure if the
> >Cornell version is doing it, the White Pine version wouldn't want to break
> >backwards compatibility. Who knows :)
>
> What do you base that on? You're probably right BTW, as far as protocol
> changes go. I'd just be ineterested in how you came to that conclusion...

I just base it upon the last few years of watching the CU scene and
reading and learning. Also, the way the licensing works from Cornell
(http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/license.html) you can obtain a license from
White Pine for the Cornell source code. It stands to reason that White
Pine would have the latest versions of the source code, but I don't guess
that's required.