Re: White Pine CUSeeMe 3.1x Text Chat Problems?

Scott Breseke (halo@dnai.com)
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 10:01:14 -0700

Hi Wayne and all. I was at least one of the people who reported the missing
chat problem to White Pine. There were some instances where I'd be in a
MPCS ref (WP Cafe USA) and we'd all be chatting publicly............then
I'd become aware that I wasn't seeing the public chat of one of my friends
there, although others saw it. I was seeing the public chat of everyone
else though. I would ask about it and then this friend would send some chat
to me privately and *then* I would see his chat. He would go back to
sending chat publicly and again I wouldn't see it. If I then left the ref
and then came back in the problem would be fixed and I *could* see his
public chat. In these cases all of us were using WP CU v3.1.1.004. I've
seen this problem happen about 5 times since v3.1.1.004 has been out. This
problem does *not* happen all the time, if fact it usually *doesn't*. I
asked around to a friend who frequents White Pine Cafe Europe (also a MPCS
ref) and she said this problem has been happening there as well since
v3.1.1.004 came out.

Thanks Wayne for bringing this subject up here. I agree WP has an excellent
product. I only use WP CU 3.x clients and stay on MPCS refs and everything
always works fine.........vids, audio, everything. WP has some idea about
what may be causing this bug but I got the same letter you did asking for
more input on it. I'm just telling what I told them to give you an idea
what it's about.

Infinity7