Re: Jher's Reflector List Ver. 1.0

Borre Ludvigsen (borrel@dhhalden.no)
Thu, 11 Aug 1994 03:58:44 -0400

Thanks for the list. Just one remark. It is IMPORTANT that you
differntiate between the two NASA Select reflectors:

> Ok(nasa) NASASELECT 139.88.27.43 AMERICA
> Ok(nasa) NASASELECT 158.36.33.5 EUROPE

Our reflector was set up to save bandwidth across the Atlantic. Running
CU-SeeMe even only in receiving mode sets up a video stream with the
samebandwidth as the transmitter for EACH and EVERY watcher that logs in.
While the Mbone is reasonably well organized with set tunnels, CU-SeeMe
comes and goes like the winds. We don't want to be the crowd that got
zinged off the net for melting down the intercontinental links.

- Barre Ludvigsen