CuSEEME with Netcom Netcruiser client; Netcom's response

Fri, 12 Aug 1994 12:28:26 -0400

>From support@netcom.com Mon Aug 8 13:11:24 1994
> Michael Sattler, San Francisco <msattler@jungle.com> wrote:
>> Reed Sturtevant wrote:
>>
>>I've used Netcruiser and looked into this. No, you can't use CUSeeMe with
>>that service. I say *service* because the Netcom Netcruiser accounts only work
>>with the Netcruiser client. Netcruiser apparently uses CSLIP internally, but
>>it does not present a Winsock interface to other programs. For instance,
>>Netcruiser has a built-in Web browser (w/o forms support) but you can't use
>>the service to run Mosaic.
>
> If it is true that Windows Netcruiser doesn't present a Winsock interface
> to other apps, you _may_ want to put this at the top of the Critical Bugs
> list for the next release. Rationale: as netcruisers learn more about the
> net, they'll see lots of apps that look available to them, only to have
> them fail, necessitating a call/message to support@netcom.com...

We thank you for your suggestion regarding third party software. I will
pass this along to the NetCruiser development people. Thanks.

Netcruiser Support support@ix.netcom.com
Technical Support Staff NETCOM On-line Communication Services

Michael Sattler <msattler@wco.ftp.com>
FTP Software, West Coast Operations
Don't try to teach a pig to sing; Quality Assurance Manager
It's a waste of time & it annoys the pig.