Re: BBC Broadcast a success

Tue, 16 Aug 1994 14:57:03 -0400

Hardware: Macintosh PowerBook 520c (12mb RAM max'd to 70mb; 200mb HD)
Software: MacOS 7.1.1 with System Update 3.0, lots of INITs and CDEVs

At 07:58 8/15/94 -0400, Ben Anderson wrote:

>Many thanks to those of you who listened to the broadcast -
>the BBC got very excited about the email (and voice-mail) that
>they received whilst on air. Unfortunately due to the timing most
>of teh US was probably still asleep...

Some of us geeks were awake and got audio and video over a 14.4kcps SLIP
line while lying in bed next to our significant others! It was a bit
jumpy, but I got the jist of the broadcast. I used the NASA Europe
reflector because the USA reflector noted put up a message pointing to
another reflector, which I got no response from. About a quarter of an
hour in the broadcast I saw the reflector time out and I was unable to
resume watching.

It was a nice experience, while it lasted. Thank you all for setting up
things for the rest of us. Serial camera will be ordered today, trying to
set up a local reflector on a Linix box at work.

Michael Sattler <msattler@wco.ftp.com>
FTP Software, West Coast Operations
Don't try to teach a pig to sing; Quality Assurance Manager
It's a waste of time & it annoys the pig.