Re: I got a Conenctix Quickcam on order!

Richard Cogger (R.Cogger@cornell.edu)
Tue, 16 Aug 1994 15:21:37 -0400

Please be advised that the QuickCam will *not* work with current (0.70b5)
versions of CU-SeeMe. It could possibly work with the x60 version, but of
5 or 6 digitizers folks have tried, only the ComputerEyes-RT worked
correctly. The Movie-movie worked with messed up grayscale, and we know
how to fix it. In general, we can (and will eventually) get CU-SeeMe fixed
to work with more digitizers-- if possible, we'll get it generalized enough
so that it's likely to work with any digitizer that has a standard vdig.
For now, however, it works only with Spigot, AV Macs, and ComputerEyes-RT--
the program *checks* explicitly to see if it's one of those, and if not
refuses to try further.
We've also talked to Connectix who said they would try to get us a
loaner to test with... As soon as we have our hands on one, we'll give some
priority to getting it to work.

-Dick