Re: Query from PC developer about GetHostName() Error Solutions.

Collins,Richard;ContStd; (RCOLLINS@leif.ucs.mun.ca)
Thu, 18 Aug 1994 16:42:41 -0400

On Thu, 18 Aug 1994 cu-seeme-l@cornell.edu wrote:

> PC CU-SeeMe Windows Users who have gotten past the GetHostByName() Error:
>
> As you know I keep getting many queries about the GetHostByName() Error.
>
> Can I get some feedback from people as to what turned out to be the
> sticky problem that they eventually solved? Please direct these helpful
> comments to rbk1@cornell.edu.

It was simply a case of needing to include an entry into whatever ASCII
"HOST" file you have on your system with the IP # of your machine equated
with a name. In my case: Trumpet for Windows I just had to edit the
HOSTS file in the Trumpet directory. I've seen other protocol stacks
have the HOSTS file in the Windows directory.