Re: Problems with lanmanager winsock

Michael Mraz (mike@home.interaccess.com)
Thu, 18 Aug 1994 23:10:42 -0400

On Thu, 18 Aug 1994, Julian Edwards wrote:
> Trying to run PC.CU-SeeMeW0.34b4 with Microshaft lanmangler winsock gives:
> "Gethostbyname() failed (11004)"
> I HAVE got a hosts entry for my ip address, and other winsock programs can work
> out my ip address ok.

Make darned sure you don't have 2 files named winsoc(k?).dll locatable in
your path. This is the best way to screw up winsock applications (which
you mentioned you ahve multiples). It also causes DNS problems. We
frequently have this problem with customers here who install the
Netmanage software after already putting in the Trumpet Winsock stuff.
It writes it's own wisock.dll and tacks itself onto the beginning of your
path, and..... f's everything else up.

-Michael

InterAccess Tech Support | Michael Mraz
(708)-498-3842 | mike@InterAccess.com
3345 Commercial Ave. | "We LOVE getting e-mail!"
Northbrook, IL 60062 | help@InterAccess.com