Re: ISDN access

Richard Cogger (R.Cogger@cornell.edu)
Mon, 22 Aug 1994 14:02:13 -0400

At 11:50 AM 8/22/94 -0400, JonNewYork@aol.com wrote:
>I'm considering getting 64 kbps net access using an ISDN modem from
>AccessWorks (New Jersey, $500), and service provided by PSI. I'm using a
>PowerMac in New York City. Has anyone had experience, or have suggestions
>about other vendors? Unfortunately, AccessWorks says it will take a minimum
>of 30 days to get their hardware. Jon

I know folks are able to get a lot better result from ISDN 64K than from a
modem link for CU-SeeMe. Also, over the next few months, we will be doing
some work to get the best behavior we can from a 64K link. If you can get
a setup that does inverse-multiplexing on both B channels to get 128K, that
will be a lot better, but I don't know which services and equipment vendors
have what you need for that.

-Dick