Pro Movie Spectrum card support

Richard Kennerly (kennerly@nr-tech.cit.cornell.edu)
Wed, 24 Aug 1994 12:44:59 -0400

Robin,
There is a palette incompatibility problem with this card which we hope
to fix sometime after we get Audio working.
Now I'm working on Digital Vision's Computer/Eyes since they gave me the
developer's kit and will help with questions that I may have.

-Rich Kennerly - PC Windows CU-SeeMe developer <rbk1@cornell.edu>

------- Forwarded Message

Sender: cu-seeme-l@cornell.edu
Version: 5.5 -- Copyright (c) 1991/92, Anastasios Kotsikonas
From: <RBN@csi.compuserve.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <cu-seeme-l@cornell.edu>
Subject: Windows CU-SeeME and Pro Movie Studio card
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 1994 10:22:57 -0400

Can anyone explain why the MediaVision Pro Movie Studio
video capture card does not work well with the Windows
version of CU-SeeMe? With the video format set to 256
color (palletized), the captured image shows only two or
so shades of grey. We can see the transmission of outlines and
movement, but no detail. We do not get the "Initializing
pallete" message mentioned in the version notes.

Before I run out to purchase a Video Spigot card, I thought
I would ask if this is a known problem, and if so, would it
be resolved in later releases of the Windows version of CU-SeeMe.

Thanks.

Robin Nicklas
rbn@csi.compuserve.com

------- End of Forwarded Message