Connectix QuickCam: the official story

Mon, 29 Aug 1994 18:23:21 -0400

[For your edification; may the time pass quickly.]

Michael:

The official story is:
"We are currently waiting for FCC approval on the device. Once we get that
approval--expected in early September--we will begin building units in
quantity. From the time we start quantity production to the time units appear
at retail outlets ranges from three to six weeks. Thus, we expect that cameras
will be generally available in early to mid-October."
Wish it were better, but even were we to get FCC approval earlier, we'd be
waiting for additional shipments of one critical part to totally fulfill the
current order backlog. Thus, early to mid-October looks like the best guess as
to when you'll get your unit.

Thom Hogan
Connectix