Re: LAN based CUSEEME

Ian Carr-de Avelon (avelon@phys.uva.nl)
Fri, 04 Aug 1995 16:09:12 +0200

At 13:59 3-08-95 -0400, rcampbell@fdic.gov wrote:
>I've been trying with small success to get CuSeeme working in our network.
>I've gotten past the host 11004 problem and can finally bring up a screen,
>and even connect to myself, but cannot connect to another pc. The IP address
>will be remembered in the connect menu, but no connect. We can ping each
>other as well (we're on the same subnet and lan).
>We're using the FTP software, although curiously, it only wants to work when
>the Trumpet winsock.dll is loaded. Our guys are baffled. Any suggestions
>welcome.

I don't have a suggestion, but I do have the same problem. I can't connect
point to point through out ethernet. The called machine says "....
connected" but the caller says "no response ....". This is although the two
machines can be connected via a public reflector.
Yours
Ian
* Ian Carr-de Avelon avelon@phys.uva.nl *
* http://pc-ia184.phys.uva.nl/avelon.htm *