Re: sending video broadcast

Greg Harris (gharris@fuji.Stanford.EDU)
Fri, 4 Aug 1995 12:23:27 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 3 Aug 1995, Greg Harris wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have a reflector running on a Sun workstation and my question was
> this - Is there a way to send the reflector a video stream coming from a
> file which is continually repeated for people to see, and not from a
> camcorder. What we want to do is set up video's with information about
> our center and other broadcasts that someone can see at any time.
> We want this to be running completely from our workstation though and not
> worry about using a camcorder and wasting a whole computer with a job of
> "broadcasting" the video. Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance.
>

> Greg Harris
> US-Japan Technology Management Center
> Stanford U.

I apologize for not specifing what we would really be using this for in
my previous inquiry. One of the ideas we had was to give a short video
on basic Japanese words mainly for business people who would be traveling
to Japan - kind of survival skills. This is not something to plug the
center and not something that we can "put up a gif or two on the web" to
accomplish. If anyone has some helpful suggestions I would appreciate it.

-Greg Harris