Re: Video Blaster RT-300

Richard Collins (rcollins@mirror.det.mun.ca)
Mon, 7 Aug 1995 22:48:17 -0230

No. It's not going to work until CUSeeme begins to make itself
"compression" friendly for hardware compression. I believe the RT-300
necessarily uses a chip (INDEO???) onboard. CUSeeme doesn't yet take
advantage of hardware compression but rather deals solely with software
compression. I believe this is for compatibility reasons although the
time has probably come for INDEO support or any other popular hardware
compression.