Re: QucicCam and Mac/AV (fwd)

Halvor Kise jr. (halvork@hiof.no)
Wed, 9 Aug 1995 09:13:20 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 8 Aug 1995, Steven Taubman wrote:

> > To date, I have yet to get the quickCam to work while plugged into the
> > printer port.

> I use the QuickCam through the printer port...albeit on my Mac IIsi.
> I seem to recall, however, that you need to _re-install_ the QuickCam
> software to get it to look at your printer port instead of the modem port.

The reason for this is that you have not switched your video source from
the AV digitizer to the QuickCam. You can do this with "Video Monitor".
I hope you have this program. If you dont, I can only supply you with the
norwegian version.
Open the "videosignal" in the "Monitor" menu. Set your digitizer source
to be "Connectix...." instead of "Build in....".
While you do this you can only have a 8bit (256 colors) monitor. After
you have switched videosource you can use a 16bit monitor again, and
still use your Connectix QuickCam.

Good Luck!
- Halvor.

--