Re: cpu time

david a. schlussel (dschluss@engin.umich.edu)
Wed, 9 Aug 1995 13:21:31 -0400 (EDT)

It turns out that it only chews up cpu time when I start it with a script.

this is the script:
--------------------
#!/bin/sh

/reflector/4.0b1/reflect.SunOS.MC /reflector/4.0b1/reflect.conf.mbone &
--------------------

When i block copy those lines out of a "more" and start it from a prompt,
It takes up barely any cpu time. Even with people connected.
Started from the script, It chews up about 90% of the cpu, even
with NO people connected.

the script lives in /reflector/4.0b1 along with the executables.

+ David Schlussel +
+ dschluss@umich.edu +
+ MCIT-Special Projects +
+ http://www.umich.edu/~dschluss/ +