Re: Video Boards

Pete Clements (petec@atc.ameritel.net)
Sun, 20 Aug 1995 16:53:22 -0400

At 03:45 PM 8/20/95 -0400, you wrote:
[edited for brevity... PSC]
>Captivator. $99 ISA card.
>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> What is the cheapest video board I can get that will work with cusm?
>> Any suggestions/thoughts appreciated.

The Captivator board is *the* cheapest video capture board for the PC- for
the moment anyway. Unfortunately it's the cheapest in every sense of the
word. When this board is active, my PC (a P75) slows to a crawl. The
keyboard and mouse go unresponsive for several seconds at a time. This is
actually a whole lot worse than it sounds, believe me. I have used other
boards that do not have this problem, so I must assume it is one of the
reasons it is priced so cheap. Unless you are on a very tight budget, you'd
be much better off going with some other capture board, or waiting a few
more weeks for the QuickCam to be released.

-Pete

Pete Clements Linux and Amiga enthusiast
petec@atc.ameritel.net www.ameritel.net/~petec/welcome.html