FW: Sorry if this has been asked b4...

Tim Belcher (tbelcher@tds.com)
Mon, 21 Aug 1995 09:28:47 -0400

John (and Connectix in general)

I am replying back to the CU-SeeMe list because I think your response as =
well as mine may be interesting. I have ordered (and presumably paid =
for) two PC QuickCams from Microwarehouse. As I said in my original =
post, they should be here today (according to MicroWarehouse). There =
are several things that bother me about both of YOUR replies.

First: I have seen advertisements in every major publication I receive =
and several I do not about the new PC QuickCam from Connectix. I refuse =
to believe that this is some type of conspiracy against Connectix, by =
some over-anxious vendors. Considering that on at least half the ads, =
the phone number listed is that of Connectix, I am led to believe that =
it is Connectix that is advertising the product. Not one advertisement =
says this product is still in testing and will not be released for =
another month. Who do you think you are?- Microsoft?

Second: My original question was whether or not the camera will =
support CU-SeeMe. You did not answer. Nor did your tech-support line =
(they also did not tell me the product was not released). I can assume =
you are aware of the CU-SeeMe project and software since you are =
subscribed to the list. Does this mean you are trying to make your =
product compatible but will not commit? I would think that at the very =
least, I could find a press-release that explains what products you will =
support! Perhaps, I am simply not a member of the niche market who =
wants to create low-res black and white quick-time movies of themselves.

Last, but not least: Now that I know you actually have Internet mail - =
Why don't you fix the damn info@connectix.com address to actually =
reply to a message!

An angry customer,

Tim Belcher