Re: Frustration

Michael Sattler (msattler@jungle.com)
Tue, 22 Aug 1995 16:45:02 -0700

At 11:07 8/22/95, Jerry Wilmarth wrote:

>I have tried downloading the PowerMac version of CUSeeMe and upon
>completion, NetScape tells me that I don't have an application to launch
>the file "CU-SeeMe.ppc.0.80b2.bin" and do I want to save it? I save it
>on my hard disk. Now what. I have searched the CUSeeMe web pages to no
>avail...I cannot find anything that refers to this message and what
>application I need to put CUSeeMe software on my Mac?!!
>
>Any suggestions (even on where it SAYS it...I'm more than willing to
>read and follow instructions if they are out there).

Strange. This is the second message like this I've seen today (one was
sent to me privately). CU-SeeMe instructions for Mac users don't explain
how to use StuffIt Expander to deal with MacBinary files because that's a
basic part of on-line life.

Answer: get StufIt expander, drag the .bin file onto it, and >BLAMO<,
you'll have an executable program. Enjoy.

To leave this list send listproc@cornell.edu a message body with the |
command "u*subscribe cu-seeme-l". (Replace the '*' with 'n'; if |
the "un" word had appeared then this message would have automagically |
been filtered to the trash by many people's filtering configuration.) |