Re: Hooray! White Pine about to announce

Michael Sattler (msattler@jungle.com)
Wed, 23 Aug 1995 14:00:47 -0700

At 9:55 8/23/95, khopper@heliostat.uchicago.edu wrote:

>More details on the launch should come out later today or
>tomorrow, but White Pine spokeswoman Tracy Wemett told
>Interactive Age Daily the company will roll out a beta version
>of Windows-based CU-SeeMe product that will include full audio
>capabilities, both send and receive, as well as the ability to
>launch a videoconferencing session directly from a World Wide
>Web browser.

This is all available with Cornell University's CU-SeeMe Windows version
that I'm alpha-testing. Tim Lauer did the from-the-Web stuff and has
announced it here a long time ago.

This press release sounds like much ado about nothing.

To leave this list send listproc@cornell.edu a message body with the |
command "u*subscribe cu-seeme-l". (Replace the '*' with 'n'; if |
the "un" word had appeared then this message would have automagically |
been filtered to the trash by many people's filtering configuration.) |