Re: CUSM on Compuserve

Tel +352-4301-34872 (Derek.Clifford@EUROSTAT.cec.be)
Mon, 28 Aug 1995 08:48:29 +0200

Omar Yacef wrote:

>I have internet access through CompuServe using a Mac
>Quadra 840AV and am trying to use Cu-SeeMe with my
>friend (8100/100AV) who is also using CompuServe with
>no success. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
>Please email to 102420.2372@compuserve.com.

Are you trying point to point with two compuserve users? I think this cannot
work because the IP addresses you have will be those of the compuserve
servers, and there will be no way you can tell the compuserve software to
direct the stream to a particular user.

I have no experience with MACs, but I can connect to a reflector and see CUSM
transmissions (albeit with poor performance) through compuserve with a PC.

I think you will have to connect through a reflector, with both of you
transmitting and receiving to/from the same IP address. Use the conference
number for a degree (????) of privacy.

Regards,

Derek
derek.clifford@eurostat.cec.be